Prepare yourself for homeownership
The Neighbors Of Watertown Homebuyers Education Program provides important knowledge to families buying a home. This program does not have income limits and serves families in Jefferson & Lewis Counties as well as in the City of Watertown. Classes are normally held once a month on Saturdays, but the schedule will vary with the demand for the program. Classes are usually limited to 16 participants to allow for maximum participation.
Topics Talked About
- Understanding the process
- Understanding the language
- Developing a Budget
- Amount of Mortgage you can afford
- Different Types of Mortgages
- Predatory Lending to watch out for
- Selecting your Home
- Making the Purchase Offer
- What to expect at the Closing
- How to Maintain your home
Download form below
Households already on the waiting list will be considered first. Call (315) 785 8684 to find out more.